There ain't no news in being good.
- Finley Peter Dunne

In embryo...

This blog started out as an assignment from my Comms:239 professor, Dr. Cressman (what up Cress?!). We were supposed to use it to talk about journalism in the news...changes, scandals, technologies, etc. Now, I'm not sure what it is. I guess it is whatever I want it to be at any given time of the day. It's still developing, still finding it's niche, still in embryo....

News from CNN.com

Monday, June 22, 2009

Getting Back in the Groove

Today I became an official reporter for BYU's The Daily Universe. Sweet, right?

I'm working out of the metro desk and probably covering the national/White House beat. Again, sweet.

I took a trip to DC at the beginning of June. LOVE DC!

Couple of comments I've been meaning to make.

Discovered the magazine Capitol Hill. I really enjoyed it. There was a great article about journalists covering the White House that I found especially fun to read.

On my way back home I had a layover in Chicago. With all the hub bub of The Tribune trying to figure out it's identity, I picked up a copy to peruse. The new format was fine, definitely more manageable to read when sitting next to someone in close quarters. But, I was baffled by the "play" and "marketplaces" sections that still had the traditional formatting.

That's all.

1 comment:

Dale said...

Why have you stopped blogging??