There ain't no news in being good.
- Finley Peter Dunne

In embryo...

This blog started out as an assignment from my Comms:239 professor, Dr. Cressman (what up Cress?!). We were supposed to use it to talk about journalism in the news...changes, scandals, technologies, etc. Now, I'm not sure what it is. I guess it is whatever I want it to be at any given time of the day. It's still developing, still finding it's niche, still in embryo....

News from CNN.com

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Paperless Paper

Remember back in the days of September when life was seemingly less complicated and the outlook of the world wasn't quite so pessimistic, unless you were a democrat, and a Hillary Clinton fan? Then you might also recall how Cressman mentioned that papers were actually looking at being a portable electronic? I scoffed at the idea, thought people who read the paper wouldn't go for it. Who wants to add to their collection of electronic devices (ipod, cell phone, laptop, etc)?

But, now I've seen it, and find it quite fascinating. If I could take it on a trial run, I definitely would. You can find a preview of the gadget here:




So, will newspaper readers flock to this new form of newspaper, the "paper" without actual paper? I have a hunch it'll take some warming up to the idea. Is this where newspapers are going?

No comments: